People having large farms and pastures with goats know the struggle of keeping their animals safe and prevent them from jumping the fence or walls. Goats and ships, in general, are quite challenging to handle in pastures as they are playful and always want to explore their surroundings. Having a fence doesn’t sometimes help because they can jump off it and go to the other side. So to keep them on the farm itself, it is vital to have something that stops them from going out.
One such tool is an electric fence charger. These chargers can be installed on the fence and every time your animals try to cross the fence, it gives a little electric shock. It might sound a bit disturbing to some people, but let me tell you that these shocks are of very low intensity. As the goats have thick skin; these shocks usually don’t harm them or hurt them, it just stops them from jumping the fence. This way, you can protect your animals because if they step out, it becomes difficult to get hold of them. There are many electric chargers available, both offline and online. Still, it is better to invest in a solar fence charger as it can charge up its battery by converting solar energy.
Not only it saves your time in charging it again and again, but it also cuts down energy consumption. Generally, you need to charge these fence chargers entirely once and then it can function for a good week or two with the help of solar energy. To help you with finding a best and pocket-friendly fence charger, I am going to list down the five best electric fence chargers for goats. Have a look at the list and keep your animals protected.
Best Electric Fence Charger for Goats
1. Parmak Solar Electric Fence Charger
The number one choice for getting a durable and affordable charger for your fence is this Parmak Solar Electric Fence Charger. It is suitable for small to medium size pastures and can be used for protecting your fence. The charger works well for safeguarding animals like goats, horses, cattle, dogs and more. It is designed to provide a low impedance shock to the fence to keep the prey and threats away. The charger also features a solar panel that continuously charges the battery to keep it functional all day.
- This solar-powered electric fence charger can charge up to 25 miles of fence range with the energy output of up to 1.4 joules.
- As it is weatherproof, the charger is suitable for outdoor use to protect your animals and livestock.
- The charger is also equipped with a built-in performance meter that helps in monitoring the condition of the fence.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty so you can ask for assistance or help if you face any issue while using this product.
- The users have liked this charger as it was easy to install and works perfectly fine for an extended period.
2. Zareba Solar Low Impedance Electric Fence Charger for Goats
Another excellent option that you can consider for getting the best fence charger is this model from the known brand of Zareba. It can be used for protecting small animals and pets such as goats, ships, horses, cattle, etc. This charger also has the property of low impedance and also features an in-built solar panel that helps in charging the battery. The charger can work efficiently for up to two weeks once charged up completely. It delivers the charge of 0.10 joules and functions efficiently. As the charger features easy-grip screw on terminal knobs, one can easily connect it to the ground knobs and fence wire. One can also mount this charger on flat surfaces or walls with the help of a hanging screw.
- This solar fence charger comes with a built-in mound fit T-posts, Y-posts, flat surfaces, round and wood posts.
- As the charger has a five-mile range, it is suitable for the small-sized pastures having fewer animals and livestock.
- The manufacturers recommend using it with steel wire, poly tape, aluminum wire, or poly rope.
- The users have liked this fence charger due to its easy installation on the fence and wall.
- One can easily monitor the status of the fence by keeping a check on the “Fence Ok Light.” It assists the users to do quick checks on the fence.
3. Fi-Shock Solar-Powered Electric Fence Charger
This alternative is different from others because, as per the claims, it can work to charge the fence on battery even if there is no sunlight. The product has received positive feedback and reviews for its overall specifications and features. One can install this charger on a fence without the need for AC power. The charger has a short one-second interval pulsed output that helps to keep the animals safe. It can work with steel, aluminum, poly wire, poly rope, or poly tape fences. As the charger also features a flashing “Fence OK” light, one can monitor the functioning of the charger with ease. It comes with a 4-volt battery and gives an output of 4 joules. This solar-powered electric fence charger from Fi-Shock has been rated the best for containment of small animals like roosters, rabbits, chickens, goats, etc.
- The charger is engineered with the low impedance technology so that it doesn’t drain the battery quickly.
- The charger can function efficiently for up to two weeks once charged completely, so the users don’t have to charge it time and again.
- It works and charges up the fence up to the range of 2 miles in favorable conditions.
- The solar panel of this charger is constructed with compartmental damage-resistant materials to bear the harsh weather conditions.
- It comes with a one-year limited protection plan along with the lightning damage so you can contact the customer service if you face any issues.
4. Patriot SolarGuard 50 Electric Fence Charger for Goats
This fence energizer or charger is great using in small or residential yards. It can also be used in vegetable gardens and yards. As compared to other options, it is quite compact but serves the purpose of protecting your animals and livestock. One can use this fence charger for goats, dogs, roosters, cattle and horses. This charger can also be used to keep the pest out if you own a small garden. It requires an electric current of less than 15mA, which is great as it cuts down the energy consumption. The solar panel given on the fence charger can help in charging up the 6-volt battery by converting the solar energy. In all, it is an ideal option for the people who are looking for a compact yet fully functional charger for small pastures.
- The charger is designed to give an output of up to 0.05 joules with a range of 1 km.
- As the charger is built using an intelligent battery management system, it can work efficiently for two weeks after charging it completely once.
- The red flashing light on the charger indicates the working of the charger and helps you in monitoring its overall functioning.
- It has a rating of IPX4, making it resistant to all types of weather conditions and working all year round.
- The manufacturers offer a two-year limited warranty on the purchase of this charger.
5. Zareba 10-Mile Solar Goat Electric Fence Charger
If you are looking for a fence charger with a range of 10 miles, then this will be your best buy, folks. There are quite a few options available in the 10-mile range fence chargers and this alternative from Zareba is a popular one among the masses due to specifications. It works on a 6-volt battery that can be charged by the solar panel with an output of 0.15 joules. This solar electric charger is low impedance and also comes with a durable case to keep it protected. It works perfectly fine for horses, goats, ships, pigs, etc.
- The charger has a built-in somal panel that collects and stores solar energy, which later helps in charging the battery.
- It can work for two weeks straight, even if there is no sunlight, as it is engineered for extended battery life.
- The fence charger takes only a couple of minutes for the installation as it is easy to mount on any fence, flat surface, or wall.
- It is also equipped with an indicator light that starts flashing when there is energy on the fence.
- One can use this fence charger with steel wire, aluminum wire, poly tape, poly rope and poly wire fences.
Investing in a functional and durable fence charger is better than spending on a cheap one. Consider all the factors and features when you are making a choice. All the above-stated alternatives are affordable ones and will not burn a hole in your pocket. I would recommend the Parmak Fence Charger as it has all the features and specifications needed for being the best fence charger. Other options have performed well too and customers have loved all the fence chargers mentioned in the list. It will not only keep your animals from going out, but it will also help them against prey and threats. Pick the one that suits all your criteria and keep your little friends safe!