With the new advances in technology, we now have an incubator that can be used to hatch the eggs. An incubator is a device or machine to keep the eggs safe and hatch them at the proper time. Those people who have a poultry farm or are raising birds know how vital it is to give an appropriate environment for the eggs to hatch. There are many types of incubators available in the market today. However, the most convenient ones are digital ones. Incubators have a feature of egg turning and controlling the temperature.
Best Cabinet Incubator
You can also monitor the humidity level and other factors to keep a check on the eggs. Using this incubator is quite easy and save a lot of time. So for helping you find the ideal incubator I am sharing a list of the best cabinet incubators. To help the beginners, I will also mention the directions to use the incubator in this article. Check out the alternatives for best egg incubators below:
1. Digital Sportsman Cabinet Incubator
This digital incubator has received appreciation for its smooth working and premium quality construction. It has both an incubator as well as a hatcher. There are three turning trays to incubate eggs and one hatching tray on the bottom. The incubator is made from high strength plastic board. It is quieter, well insulated and easy to clean. So if you are someone who is starting to set the farm with a small flock you can opt for this option.
- The incubator is equipped with an electronic egg turning control.
- It has an accurate digital thermostat which is accompanied by an LCD showing the temperature and humidity in the incubator.
- The incubator has settings for rotating three-egg trays so that the hatching tray can accept the eggs from each tray in one cycle.
- It has an on-board computer that helps in monitoring and controlling the environment. It also updates and shares the data with you.
- The incubator is suitable for hatching all types of eggs such as quail eggs, chicken eggs, turkey eggs and much more.
2. OrangeA Reptile Egg Incubator
Another excellent option for buying an incubator is OrangeA incubator. It uses thermoelectric technology that helps in cooling and heating the device. It comes with a built-in power converter. The incubator has a temperature range of 0 to 60 degrees Celsius. It can maintain the constant temperature for providing the ideal incubation environment. The incubator also has a fan for distributing the temperature evenly inside the incubator.
- The incubator has a LED display along with an internal illuminator. The user can view the conditions inside the incubator without disturbing the process.
- It can accurately cool and heat, which helps in avoiding the loss of the eggs.
- The incubator also has two sliding compartments that provide more space for hatching the eggs.
- The sturdy exterior and updates interior shelves make it easy to clean the incubator.
3. Pinnon Hatch Farms Cabinet Incubator Hatcher
Pinnon Hatch Farms is also one of the known and reputed names when it comes to durable incubator hatcher. This cabinet incubator offers an efficient and accurate thermostat. It also has an LCD to display the temperature and humidity in the incubator. One can easily monitor the conditions inside the incubator with the help of the on-board computer. There are three automatically turned trays along with a hatching tray at the bottom of the incubator. For setting the eggs just remove the loaded egg tray from the storage and place the tray on the turning rack. The settings of the incubator allow all three trays to rotate such that one egg is taken for hatching from each tray during rotation.
- The cabinet incubator is constructed from high strength plastic board. It is easy to clean and keeps the interior well insulated and quiet.
- The incubator comes with six pieces of hatching trays. There are options available in the size of the tray.
- The incubator can be used for 1368 quail eggs, 288 chicken eggs or 162 duck eggs.
- The units are assembled individually by the skilled craftsmen after testing the operation and calibration of the incubator.
- The plastic trays in the incubator provide the ideal system for spraying disinfectants on eggs, gathering and storing them as well.
- The thermostat operating range for this incubator is 60 to 103-degree celsius Fahrenheit.
4. Digital Hatcher Incubator 1550
This digital hatcher is made with a premium-grade plastic board, which makes it insulated and convenient to clean. The craftsmen assemble every unit individually after testing the device for operation and calibration. The temperature range offered in this incubator is from 60 to 103 degrees Fahrenheit, which depends upon the room temperature. The hatcher comes with five hatching trays, four hatching tray covers, one moisture pan with two wick pads and an instruction manual to operate it. The only issue with using this incubator is that one has to turn each egg by hand in the tray.
- The incubator has audio/visual indicators for monitoring the environment of it.
- It is explicitly designed to match the ideal conditions for hatching eggs.
- There is an LCD in the incubator to view temperature and humidity of the incubator. It also provides an accurate thermostat.
- There are five hatching drawers and unlike incubator, these hatchers operate at a different temperature and humidity to hatch the eggs.
- It can hold up to 340 chicken eggs or 1260 quail eggs, which is perfect for beginners as well as for the people who have begun setting their farm.
5. Brinsea Ova-Easy 380 Cabinet Incubator
The last option in this list is Brinsea Ova-easy cabinet incubator. It has a high capacity and incredible performance. The device has a digital control system to monitor the conditions of the incubator with ease. One can easily handle the eggs with the help of menu-driven options. It is energy efficient and has an insulated cabinet, which makes it easy to clean the incubator. The incubator has a unique design to hatch a large number of eggs. The machine provides the optimal conditions for hatching eggs.
- It is equipped with an easy to use humidity readout and alarms for temperature.
- The incubator has a laminar flow that helps in eliminating the cold spots in it.
- There is a free two years manufacturer guarantee on this incubator.
- The incubator comes in two sizes: 380 model that can hold up to 384 chicken eggs and model 190 has the capacity of 192 eggs.
How to use egg incubator?
Once you have purchased the incubator, make sure to read all the instructions carefully in the manual. Clean the trays in an incubator with a damp cloth and bleaching solution. Get rid of all the dust and debris. After that, keep the incubator in a place with little to no temperature fluctuations. Preheat the incubator at 75 degrees Fahrenheit for 24 hours before keeping the eggs in it.
Calibrate the temperature to 100-105 degrees F to warm the eggs. Keep a check on the humidity and temperature levels of the incubator. Mark the eggs and keep them in the incubator. Eggs should be incubated after 7-10 days they are laid. Turn the eggs thrice a day to ensure that they are correctly incubated. Stop turning the eggs three days before hatching. Eggs generally take 21 to 28 days to hatch.
An incubator is a much-needed device for someone who has started poultry farming. It protects the eggs against harsh environment, predators and other factors as well. The eggs stay in optimal conditions, which helps in preventing the loss of eggs. I hope this article helps you in deciding the one that is suitable for you. Always remember to keep a check on the incubator and never turn it off once you put eggs in it.